Monday, August 12, 2013

New Diggs

Well folks, it's been a while...

Tomorrow is the first day of school in a new building...with a new staff...with new kids...with new everything!  It is invigorating and exciting and I can't wait to start my day.  No coffee needed.  "Am I ready?" is the question everyone keeps asking and any teacher will tell you that you are never truly, "ready" for the kids on the first day.  You just get your room set up and your day planned out as best as you can and then go for it.  Dive in, feet first, into the deep end, and occasionally stop to reflect on what's happening.

What am I most excited about?  New kids.

I'll be in Pike Township which is a new school district. High poverty, like my last school, much more diverse in ethnicity and culture than my last though.  I'm excited to hear and learn new languages. I'm excited to teach new things. I'm excited to have new stories to tell and enjoy new experiences.

Here's a few pictures of the new room; stay tuned for more funnies in the near future!




[ Just had to add one in here of the furry baby before the baby baby gets here! ]

No comments:

Post a Comment