Sunday, June 3, 2012

Great Race, Horrible Finish

June 2, 2012. 
Eagle Creek Crit. 
Cat 5. 30 minutes (12 miles)

As I sat in second place, feeling great the entire race, I started to wonder what my finishing lap would look like. As they announced "Last lap," I was beginning to think about my ending strategy to get out from behind this guy in front of me. Unfortunately it was on the last climb of the course that I realized you need to attack early when you  have an uphill finish. Luckily the guy that pulled me around the course the entire time only finished two places higher than I did, so that made me feel slightly better.
Thanks to my family and friends that came out to cheer me on. Glad I could give them something interesting to watch for the first 11 laps.

No comments:

Post a Comment